WebShapes is a web platform that provides users the possibility to create various network shapes with different methods and parameters, where users can upload their own networks and download the shape information for analysis.
How to Use WebShapes
1. Select the parameters (e.g., sampling method, the embedding method...);
2. Select a pre-existing dataset, or upload your own dataset (a tab delimitered edgelist file, one can download the example file through the example link);
3. After choosing (or uploading) the dataset, click the "Visualize" button, and it may take some time to create a network shape based on the network size and number of samples (a network like as20graph can take about 3 minutes; for very large networks it can take hours);
4. The shape figure will be illustrated on the web browser when it finishes;
5. One can click the "Download" button to download the files (the figure, boundary points...).